Wholeness in Emotions and Relationships
Emotional and relational health are paramount to any Christian who wants to walk in the fullness of their calling. Here are some helpful insights on dealing with life:
- Life hurts - We were never promised a pain free existence from God, but He promised to walk with us through every circumstance of life.
- Unless we deal with pain properly when it occurs, it accumulates in our hearts - Time does not heal emotional wounds. Emotional pain that is buried will get worse over time. Our emotions only heal in the Presence of God.
- Accumulated pain and unresolved problems compromise our mental, emotional, spiritual and relational health.
- We all deal with pain in some way, either the right way or the wrong way - When people deal with pain improperly, not only does it trap the pain within themselves, but it traps dysfunction in their families too.
- The only way to stop the hurt and totally resolve it is to turn it over to God.
(source: Jimmy Evans, CEO Marriage Today)
Pursuing A Healthy Emotional Life
You Are Loved