The roots of destiny engagement include:
- Helping someone understand that they are part of something bigger than themselves- a collective destiny: The City that God is Building.
- Helping someone “feel” a sense of belonging.
- Help someone see how their actions and contributions make an impact.
How can you do this? By:
- Offering perspective – set their view on the big picture.
- Inspiring a sense of destiny and purpose – use storytelling to explain what is being done and why.
- Connecting people – ensuring that everyone involved sees how they personally connect to the success of a destiny achieved.
And, as a coach and leader, what can you do to ensure those you seek to help engage their destiny and the collective destiny of the group with which they live, work and play? Well, this is where you must take the steps outlined above and use your own creativity, experience and maturity to guide and lead. Remember, you are ultimately leading them toward Jesus and His destiny for them, focused upon the City that God is building.
As you disciple others with an understanding of the roots of engagement, you will experience the joy of equipping and releasing the saints for the work of the ministry. It is quite likely you will discover, unlock and live your own Godly destiny in the process. Have fun with it!