According to 99u, "When the your team is faced with adversity does it stand strong and act boldly or does it crumble under pressure? Based on his work with over 1000 teams, Keith Yamashita shares his insights about great collaborative environments including: have an awareness beyond your day-to-day, respect the unique talents of your team members, and actively cultivate meaningful one-on-one relationships.
- Greatness and creativity go hand in hand
- Virtually all acts of greatness are the acts of an ensemble
- Diversity is important to any great ensemble
- The quote at the entrance of SYPartners
- "You have to create an environment where people can be their best selves"
- A soloist's guide to getting unstuck
- You have to develop you own unique method of getting unstuck
- Great teams work hard to cultivate specific habits
- Great teams know each member's "superpower"
- The 3 Habits of effective teams
- The ability to see, not look, is important. What lens do you use in a new situation?
- Finding your superpower
- Don't settle for a job that doesn't make use of your superpower
- About SYPartners' superpowers and how they make the firm tick
- If your superpower is grit, take care of yourself
- About duos, the smallest atomic unit of trust
- Respond with Love, not fear. That's where greatness lies
- Greatness is about being yourself, fully
About Keith Yamashita
For the past two decades, Keith Yamashita has worked alongside CEOs and their leadership teams to define — and then attain — greatness for their institutions. He has worked with leaders at Apple, IBM, General Electric, Johnson & Johnson, eBay, Nike, and Gap, among others.
Keith founded SYPartners — a firm steeped in the belief that transformation of individuals, teams, and institutions requires equal parts empathy, aspiration, and a bravery to act. The firm fuses systems thinking and creativity to help organizations in times of seismic change: the formulation of a new business strategy, a merger or acquisition, the rise of a new CEO, the return-to-greatness journeys after an industry shock.
The 99U delivers the action-oriented education that you didn't get in school, highlighting real-world best practices for making ideas happen."